Thursday, May 30, 2013

Landscape Paintings

AAhhh... How I LOVE to paint! These were the 'BEST' 15 weeks! I had never really painted with oils before... But just experimenting with different brush strokes, color palettes... was Amazing!

The 1st one is a Master copy of George Inness. I learnt so much from his paintings. The abstract nature of his backgrounds to his beautiful selection of colors! Once I did this painting I never painted the sky Blue!



The one below was the 1st Painting I did from a picture our teacher gave us. I remember so nervous. I just stood staring at my canvas and my paints for hours. And then once I started... I couldn't stop! :)

This one was on location at Sonoma Valley. Was a Beautiful day!

One of initial on location paintings. What a day! It was so foggy, so windy and soooo cold that we returned midway.This was at Tenesse Valley. I am really happy with the way this turned out :)

Tree study 


No comments:

Post a Comment