Sunday, June 30, 2013

My little Graphic experiment!

Lately I have been very inspired with the simple graphic illustrations. I recently visited a friends house who appreciates a lot of different types of Art. He showed me a book he bought for his son. It's called Ramayana - Divine Loop hole. Its illustrated by Sanjay Patel. I was so inspired by the color choices and the shapes, the design; that I wanted to try something similar.

The next day I was designing the environment for my thesis which is based on Jodhpur, India. I came across this picture when I was going through my research and thought this would be a great reference to try the graphic illustration style
                                                  

I started with a simple background and basic shapes. I have to admit it took a lot of attempts to get to this stage. After a lot of trial and error I was kind of satisfied with this


I then added details and I really did not know when to stop! I was having so much fun! :) 
I wanted to have 2 focal points; The big blue house and the castle. Took me a while to figure that part out. Actually took me a while to achieve that. But, eventually it worked out! I am kind of happy with this one and was kind of fun too.


I hope you enjoyed this little "meant to be quick sketch" as much as I did. Let me know what you think! 
And yeah, check out the illustrations by Sanjay Patel for the book. They are awesome! 
Here's a link to his blog if anyone's interested to check out his work

No comments:

Post a Comment